November 17, 2017
Fancy joining in with us on a Christmas Instagram Challenge?
As designers, makers, creators and store owners (either online or physical) we all get to play a part in making Christmas magical. This Instagram challenge would be all about showing how we get to do that.
Maybe you make something that adds to the legend of the big guy himself. A personalised Santa sack for example, or a letter that has come all the way from the North Pole for a very special good little boy or girl.
Or do you have a corner in the shop that you run that is occupied by a comfy chair and a few toys and books so that weary shoppers and bored small people have a moments respite?
Do you make or stock the one amazing gift that will solve all our dilemmas for that super hard to buy for person and they will love it and we will love you forever for making us look so darn clever and thoughtful? That’s real magic right there!
Perhaps you gift wrap each item you make and sell with a lovely little touch of magic? Just making it extra nice to receive. Or maybe you have a smiley face rubber stamp that you use on all your delivery notes.
Whatever you do, it’s magical to someone and it makes their Christmas easier!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
• The Instagram Challenge will run for 12 days officially from 24th November (Black Friday!) to 5th December – so all the peak shopping days of the season are included.
• Instagram and boomerang your images at any time over those 12 days and use the hashtag #christmasmagicmaker. It’s never been used before!
• Have a look at the ideas list for inspiration, but you can post as much or as little as you want. There is no set topic for each day so feel free to get creative. What can you do with the wizardry at your fingertips?
• Be kind to your fellow posters and have a look through the hashtag each day that you post and maybe comment on a couple that you like. You could find some magic for your own Christmas! Regram like it’s hot.
• Spread the news! Know a fellow creative that would love to get involved in this – tell them about it.
Refer to the ideas list, just to get you going, but go off list if you like!
And above all, just have fun with it! I hope you like the idea and enjoy taking part.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
April 15, 2020
We thought for a long time about whether to have a break, how that would look, what kind of business we would come back to if we did and what our impact is on the other businesses we work with and our customers.