A truly stunning Christmas Eve Box designed to represent your actual house and personalised with all your own details.
The magic of Christmas truly kicks in on Christmas Eve with the putting out of stockings and mince pies for Santa. Now a new tradition has emerged which is a Christmas Eve Box, the chance to open just one small treat before the big day!
We wanted to create a very special heritage Christmas Eve Box that can be used year after year and would mean something unique to your family. Our wooden Christmas Eve Box is shaped like a house and the roof, tied with beautiful velvet ribbon, opens up to reveal the goodies inside.
What's more, there are several personalised additions to the box to make it even more meaningful.
The areas that can be personalised are:
- The family name on the wreath that hangs on the door.
- The house number and road name - make it special to the home where you're celebrating your first or twenty-first Christmas together.
- The person's name on the side of the box. You could make this box for one special person, a couple or a whole family.
- Do you have a cat or dog? We can engrave a silhouette of a cat or dog, waiting patiently to come in by the front door. If you have neither then we'll replace the pets with a beautiful bay tree, or you can keep it plain. (If you live with 101 dalmations, lucky you, but we only have room for one dog and cat so the one we engrave on your house will have to represent all your animals, the spokesdog or spokescat if you will)
- Finally, you have the option to have a standard design of a generic house, or you can send us a photo of the front of your house and we'll do our best to modify our design to represent your actual house for an additional fee. There's an image in the gallery that is labelled "Standard Design" and this is the design of the front of the house that you'll receive if you choose not to send us a photo of your own house.
There are a few limitations to that as we can't redesign the whole box each time we make one. What we can do though is represent your windows, doors and possibly an integral garage as viewed from the front. If you want this option, please place your order and send us an email with the photo of your house attached to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote your order number.
The front windows are laser cutouts as are the stars in the roof so, when Christmas Eve is over, you can fill your box with battery-operated LED lights and create a beautiful centrepiece for the rest of the festive season.
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE REAL FLAME TEA LIGHTS OR CANDLES IN THE HOUSE AS IT WILL POSE A FIRE HAZARD.
Group it together with some of our smaller houses for a magical village arrangement. Please see our other products.
Gift ideas for your Christmas Eve box:
- New Pyjamas for cosying down and beautiful "round the tree" photos on Christmas morning!
- a new book or favourite magazine (Mr Betsy Benn likes any magazine around techy stuff)
- posh hot chocolate mix with a sprinkling of marshmallows
- a fun family game, maybe something like Bananagrams!
- go wild with whatever you like and don't forget a healthy handful of chocolate coins
We cut each piece of the house individually from a beautiful sustainable cherry veneer that we have sourced in the UK. The mill that makes the veneer is amazing! The veneers are all FSC and PEFC certified and they require anyone they work with to sign up to a Pure Wood Charter for sustainable practices. They generate 30% of their own electricity from their own solar panels and get the remaining 70% from green energy providers. Any waste wood offcuts are used to heat the premises in the winter! This kind of information is important to us so we thought you might like to know about it too.
After we have cut all the pieces we then personalise the front and the sides and assemble the houses in our studio and add a ribbon before carefully boxing up and sending out to you.
Who would love this?
It makes a beautiful Christmas present for friends or family. An ideal way to celebrate your first Christmas in a new home together. Whilst small children will be completely enchanted by it, the house is not a toy - please help small hands to open and remove their gift and then pop the house safely out of reach. Older children may well love a new Christmas Eve tradition that they can get involved in.
These unique Christmas Eve boxes are made by Betsy Benn in our small studio in Cheltenham from cherry wood veneer.
The finished Christmas house wooden decoration measures 25 x 24 x 24 cm